500g Scone Dough
Our butter flavoured scone mix, will make any afternoon tea a real treat. You can either leave your scones plain or be part of the group that prefers your scones to have fruit, either way, you have the option for both. This dough takes the longest to defrost at 90 minutes at room temperature, but has similar bake times to the other Baking Agent products.
Each Scone pot will make 8 scrumptious scones to be enjoyed with a heap of jam and cream.
Do not defrost in the microwave. Or the washing machine!
- 1. Remove from freezer and defrost dough in tub at room temperature for 90 minutes.
- 2. Heat oven to 200°C (180°C for fan assisted ovens) / Gas Mark 6.
- 3. Dust counter and rolling pin with flour first to avoid any sticking mishaps. Roll dough out to 1cm (½in) thickness and cut using a round cookie cutter.
- 4. Place dough pieces onto baking tray. For an expert finish, brush your dough pieces with egg wash and see a sheen on your baked scones!
- 5. Rest the dough for 10 minutes then bake for 12 minutes until golden brown.
- 6. Allow to cool and enjoy. Your secret safe with us…
Wheatflour, Water, Vegetable Margarine (Vegetable Fat: Palm; Vegetable Oil: Rapeseed; Water; Salt; Natural Flavourings),Sugar, Raising Agents (E450,E500), Skimmed Milk Powder, Natural Butter Flavouring. Emulsifier:E473.
Store frozen. Do not refreeze once defrosted.
Produced in a factory that contains nuts.
Suitable for vegetarians but not vegans.
No preservatives, artificial colours or flavours.